Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wyatt's Puppy Cake


My little Buddy Wyatt requested a dog cake for his birthday. This you man has just gotten his first puppy for his birthday. (A little blond lab) It took me a few minutes to determine how I would approach this dog cake. I wanted it to be special. I completed the bottom sheet cake with borders and used 2 jumbo chocolate cupcakes, turned upside down, to create the dog. I used a 1M tip from Wilton to create the dog's hair, face an tail with brown butter cream frosting. Then I added the eyes, pink tongue and a tiny black ball of fondant to create the nose. I did attend his party and people devoured the cake. It is always nice to overhear people ask where the cake came from and how much they loved it. All the while knowing that you made it and they liked it. It always brings a smile to my face. For me, I love sharing Betty's goodies with the world. It is such an honor. It's all her. Her recipes, techniques. It was the on of the best gifts she has ever given me. I just supply it to the masses.

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

I know that my sister and I certainly looked forward to a birthday cake made by Betty every year!