Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Barnyard Birthday Disaster !!!!


This cake is so cute, right? It has a great story behind it. My niece Kayla was having her 3rd birthday and I had been planning a special cake for her. She is my best baking helper and I wanted her to have a terrific cake for her special day. I had gotten a great cake pedestal to display it on and I used it for the first time with this cake. I had been saving it for a great occasion. I spent a lot of time on the chicks and pigs. There are even little eggs in the chick nest. As I was taking the cake to the car, I twisted my ankle and fell onto the sidewalk. The cake flew out of my hands and onto the ground. The cake plate broke and the cake was everywhere. On top of that, as many know, I hurt my ankle and ended up going to the ER. I was crushed. All I could do is cry. I worked so hard. The only comfort that I had about it was that Kayla and her mom and dad had stopped by to see it earlier in the day. At least she knew that I had made that great cake for her. It was a bad day but weeks later I am getting around fairly well and the pain is minimal. My only regret is that I lost my great cake plate I had so proud of.

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

How sad! But I am glad to know that your pain is subsiding.