Saturday, May 17, 2008

Surf's Up!

One of my favorite customers ordered this cake. Tina C. called me and asked for a surfer cake for her son Ron's birthday. I had never done one before but as you know, I love a challenge. I made the surfboard a few days in advance with royal icing and allowed it to dry. I did the borders in festive summer colors and added the surfboard to the cake. I think the finished product turn out well. Tina had a large party but I know she was hoping to have little cake left over to snack on. It's that the reason we buy birthday cake in the first place - as a front for having spare cake to treat yourself to! :)

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

You know, I've never thought of that--the leftover cake being the reward for the party. That's a philosophy I can get behind!