Friday, May 2, 2008

Beach Party Birthday



I did this cake for my pastor's wife - The lovely Ginny Cox. The shells were a lot of work but so worth the effort. Most people could not believe that they were edible. They were made of white chocolate with shimmer dust. The pearls were fondant. Mrs. Ginny was overwhelmed by it and that was the highlight for me. I was pleased with everone's reactions. It was enough cake for 100 and many people kept coming back for more. It was all eaten. I think that is the highest compliment.

2 comments:

MAddison said...

CHOCOLATE CAKE TO DIE FOR:
I met Paula and her infamous cake at a Birthday lunch in a local Georgetown restaurant. She was introduced by a coworker who raved about her cakes, especially her chocolate icing cake. When it came time to sing Happy Birthday, I could not stop staring at that cake in front of me. I wanted stick my finger in and swipe a blob of chocolate. Needless to say I waited my turn. That cake was absolutely beautiful.
It looked like ones I had seen before in Europe and New York's finest Bakeries.
She later baked another one for a church event and I got a hunk of a piece the next day. Thanks for thinking of me Paula.
I am happy to be the first to blog about your cakes.
MAddison

mcconnell said...

A fantastic Job i was at this event and I have also been very lucky to be at several occasions and got to sample a few of these on this sight and must say top knotch baker this is Paula has many talents and gifts this is a very high rated one she made me a chcoclate monogram M cake for my birthday it was awesome best ever do not miss out one her bakery talents you will not be disappointed.