Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Susan's Cute Cake


Let me say that my homemade chocolate frosting is the best. It is my favorite and if you get a chance you should try it. Here is a cake I did for a great friend Susan Todd. It was a surprise birthday party. Boy was she surprised. She and I have birthdays a week apart and she thought she was going to a party for me. (I don't think she wanted to go.) When she got there, she was so shocked and pleased to see all of her favorite people there waiting to wish her well. She did have a great time. Everyone raved over the cake and I had a great time knowing that they enjoyed it. It was not like being puffed and proud but glad that God had given me a gift to share with others. I once asked "Betty" (AKA Grandma) why she started doing cakes and in her wise way, she taught me a life lesson. She told me that she had asked the Lord to bless her with a way that she could serve Him, no matter how great or small. He blessed her with a talent for baking and decorating and she has served him with her gifts ever since. What a life richly lived!

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

What a wonderful prayer--your Grandma really is a wise lady!

And Susan's cake really is quite cute.