Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wilson's Cupcake


This cake was made for Wilson Grant's 1st birthday. His mom Claire, who is too sweet, came up with a cupcake theme. She brought me the cupcake pan and I baked and decorated the cake. It was a challenge because you can't just smooth on the frosting. No mortal man can do it, only someone with super human abilities. Just kidding. I made the color circles with royal icing and added them for some great color. This cupcake is actually a giant 12 inch cupcake but you wouldn't know that unless you saw it in person. It turned out well and she seemed to like it. I also made a large sheet cake that complimented this cupcake cake. It was a challenge but I LOVE a good challenge. Well, I have to run and put some cakes in the oven. I have a big cake weekend. 2 large birthday cakes, 24 cupcakes and 2 mother's day cakes. FUN, FUN, FUN!

2 comments:

Josie Thames said...

What a precious cake! And you're right--Claire is a sweet girl!

Sue said...

You are so sweet and I didn't just like the cake I LOVED it!! You made his first birthday so special!!