Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bunco Magic


Here is the highly anticipated Bunco cake ordered by Lisa D. When she called me a few weeks ago, I was up for the challenge. At the time, I did not even know what Bunco was. I thought it was a card game. Silly me. Anyway, she requested pink so I can only imagine that she and her gals play with a set if dice that are pink. I had a good time making this cake but it was tough. It was raining that day. Rain + cake frosting = Doom. Here is a tip from "the Betty". When the humidity is high, make sure you give yourself ample time to place your cake near a fan for drying the butter cream. If you apply a lot of butter cream on a humid day, you get a sweet little landslide. I made the top out of a solid piece of white chocolate dyed pink and the dice spots are white chocolate marbled with pink for extra pizazz. I think it turned out well.

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

This is another unbelievable cake. I am constantly amazed by your talent!