Friday, May 2, 2008

Guitar Hero


This was a cake for a young man named Ward. His mom needed cake to feed 50 people. I am always up for a challenge but this one was extra challenging. I had gone to a church function the night before the cake was due and stayed out too late. I was finishing up the cake around 1 in the morning. My baby named Corky (a sweet little bulldog with a big hunger for cake) decided to give it a taste test. I had placed it on the table letting it sit while I cleaned the kitchen. When I turned around, she was shamefully licking her lips. You can imagine how I felt. Well, I had to re- bake two cakes and make more frosting. I finished up around 4 AM! I promise, I learned my lesson and now my sweet little angel is never allowed in the kitchen. I must give props to my husband Sid because he had a Guitar Hero guitar for me to use to make a pattern. He also helped me make it through the night to complete the cake. I questioned my commitment to baking due to my lack of sleep and heartbreak. I am proud to say, I made a full emotional recovery!

3 comments:

Josie Thames said...

Congratulations on the new blog! It looks great. I can't wait to read about more of your cake creations. Also, I'd like to add you to my list of links...

Joy said...

WOW!
GREAT CAKES!
I WILL CALL YOU SOON!
I WILL ALSO PASS ON THE BLOG.
JOY

Anonymous said...

Ward is my Cousin, and not only was the cake super cute...It tastes GREAT TOO!!!!