Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fastest Cake in History


Here is cake that I made for a young couple. It was ordered as a gift for the couple by the bride's family. I was getting prepared the the day before the weeding to get started on it when the aunt called and said "the photographer is here, when will you bring the cake?" The wedding was at 5 and it was now 4:15! They were getting married that day! (instead of sat. which is what I had written down. Totally my mistake) I told her that I did not have the cake ready and that I did not know if I would be able to have it done. On top of that, it was pouring cakes and dogs outside. -A cake decorator's worst nightmare. When I say that I had not even started the cake, I had done nothing but bake the cake and make frosting. It was only the Lord that helped me get this thing together! Thank God that the church was just up the street from me because I would have never been able to get it there on time. That was the fastest cake I have ever done and I hope I never have to do that again. I know my blood pressure was out of this world! Aside from the theatrics, they loved the cake and it looked beautiful. -Thank God

No comments: